Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dunners73  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 8:47:13 AM(UTC)
Dunners73

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Ive been trying to update my source CRM records, with a DBUpdate() expression.

Im fairly sure my syntax is right, but i get a strange error message.

here is the error, from the preview pane error pop up dialog - it which ends with the highlighted text here :

Full text of the error message: Called something not implemented: MSCrmPhysDB.update(sql)

what does it mean ? can I rectify this ? Am i missing any system components ?

The expression i used was this one (though ive shortened my field names) :

Dbupdate("S","UPDATE servicenumber SET integ_count = '#[InaportExtractCounter]' WHERE servicenumberid = '#[servicenumberid]'")

-

Russell / Non Profit / IT Dept / UK Based

ipadmin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 10, 2015 3:42:39 PM(UTC)
ipadmin

Groups: Administrators

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Russell

Normally this approach would be fine, although we would probably recommend doing the update of the source in the "Post-Operation Table Expressions" sub-tab of tab 5. The advantage of this is you can selectively update the source based on whether the table was updated or inserted, and you also have access to the primary key of the target record just touched.

For more information, see the expressions in the "Pre and Post Table Op Expression" section in the Expression Editor. Useful functions include:
Code:
wasinserted() - return true if the entity had a row inserted
wasupdated() - return true if the matched row in the entity was updated
pk() - return the primary key of the row just inserted or updated

The problem you have is that the Microsoft CRM web service API does not actually support SQL. Inaport does support doing SQL queries, which are translated to to a web service call under the hood.

This does not extend to update statements. The only way to update a record in MS CRM is to have MS CRM as the target, and Map and Match to the required entity.

You could use the dbupdate() or dbinsert() functions to write information to another database using a different connector, then use that information in a second profile to update MSCRM.

Dunners73  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 11, 2015 3:01:59 AM(UTC)
Dunners73

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: ipadmin Go to Quoted Post
Hi Russell

Normally this approach would be fine, although we would probably recommend doing the update of the source in the "Post-Operation Table Expressions" sub-tab of tab 5. The advantage of this is you can selectively update the source based on whether the table was updated or inserted, and you also have access to the primary key of the target record just touched.

For more information, see the expressions in the "Pre and Post Table Op Expression" section in the Expression Editor. Useful functions include:
Code:
wasinserted() - return true if the entity had a row inserted
wasupdated() - return true if the matched row in the entity was updated
pk() - return the primary key of the row just inserted or updated

The problem you have is that the Microsoft CRM web service API does not actually support SQL. Inaport does support doing SQL queries, which are translated to to a web service call under the hood.

This does not extend to update statements. The only way to update a record in MS CRM is to have MS CRM as the target, and Map and Match to the required entity.

You could use the dbupdate() or dbinsert() functions to write information to another database using a different connector, then use that information in a second profile to update MSCRM.

Aha, ok get it. I hadnt got as far as making sense of the post operation options - Now i see.
Thanks.